With its sublime harbour, world-class events, stunning natural beauty and exuberant spirit, Sydney is one of the world’s greatest holiday destinations. It’s a city with plenty of things to see and do – cruise Sydney Harbour, climb to the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, have a fun day at the beach and dine alfresco at an acclaimed waterfront restaurant. Just outside of the city you will find an amazing diversity of experiences from wineries to spectacular coastal drives and breathtaking natural landscapes.
With all this and more, you’ll love every second in Sydney.
1. Witness a fish auction, then try freshly shucked oysters or learn to cook at the Sydney Fish Market Cooking School.
2. Sydneysiders love cafés. Check out the all-day traditional breakfast menus in Bondi and Newtown, or discover bakeries with a gastronomic twist in Surry Hills, Balmain and Paddington.
More Sydney Food & Wine
1. Westfield Sydney has set the pace for sensational shopping, while the historic Queen Victoria Building (QVB) is known for its fabulous fashion boutiques featuring local and international brands.
2. Sydney’s inner city suburbs include stylish Oxford Street in Paddington, funky Crown Street in Surry Hills, and edgy King Street in Newtown.
3. Check out the latest fashion trends and up-and-coming names in the fashion industry at Sydney’s outdoor markets. Head to The Rocks Markets, Paddington Markets and Bondi Markets.
More Sydney Shopping
1. Enjoy the spectacular sights of Sydney Harbour on a relaxing cruise, aboard a luxurious yacht, or a thrilling jet boat ride.
2. Take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney for amazing 360-degree views of the city, the Sydney Opera House and the majestic Blue Mountains.
3. Packed with world‐class attractions such as Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo; Darling Harbour is a great place to see some of Sydney’s greatest attractions.
1. Soak in the vibe of famous Bondi Beach and Manly Beach. Learn to surf, scuba dive, or hire a bike and discover secluded coves and deserted beaches with breathtaking coastal views.
2. Shop for sassy street wear, big Australian swimwear labels and funky designer fashion at Bondi Junction.
3. Enjoy one of Sydney's a spectacular coastal walks such as Bondi to Bronte and Spit to Manly.
More Sydney Beach & Lifestyle
1. Explore lush valleys, cascading waterfalls, and see the famous Three Sisters Rock formation at the World heritage-listed Blue Mountains.
2. Indulge in good food and wine in Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest and most visited wine region.
3. Discover the unspoilt beaches and bays of Port Stephens and enjoy sand boarding at the famous Stockton Beach sand dunes
4. Go on a self-drive expedition along the spectacular Grand Pacific Drive and see wild dolphins at play in Jervis Bay.
5. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Byron Bay. Wwatch the sunrise at the iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse – Australia’s most easterly point.
More Sydney and Surrounds
See Fantastic Events in Sydney and NSW
Sydney is Australia's events capital, with special events abound! No matter what time of year is your visit, the city is filled with a wide range of events to excite and inspire!
Check out Sydney's exciting events here!
For more great things to see and do, visit Sydney.com