Terms & Conditions for Occupying an Emergency Exit (EMEX) row seat
1. EMEX seats are located near to the emergency exit doors and are subject to the flight safety guidelines of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore. If you do not meet any of the following criteria, you may wish to purchase a seat further from the emergency exit instead, subject to availability.
2. A guest may only be assigned an EMEX row seat if he or she meets the following safety criteria:
- At least 15 years of age at the commencement of the journey;
- Fully able-bodied and capable of opening the exit doors and moving quickly or reaching and passing through the adjacent emergency exit. Persons with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and persons using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others;
- Able to follow the safety instructions in English.
- In good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight;
- Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt, and not pregnant;
- Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight;
- Not requiring an extension seat belt because of large body size.
3. If a guest does not meet any one of the above safety criteria, Scoot may re-assign the seat before or during the journey without refund of the seat selection fees.
4. The following categories are some examples of guests not considered as able-bodied:
- Invalid, sick or infirm passenger
- Passenger with children/infant
- Handicapped passenger (including the blind & deaf)
- Children and infants (below 15 years)
- Obese passenger
- Pregnant women
- Frail or elderly (to the extent that the passenger can be considered non able-bodied)
- Deportees or prisoners in custody
5. Able-bodied guests are those guests who must have sufficient physical dexterity, strength and mobility to enable them to evacuate expeditiously through the emergency exit without any assistance and without impeding others; OR who must not have any condition or responsibility such as caring for children/infants/elderly or incapacitated guest(s) that may prevent them from evacuating expeditiously or cause them to impede others.